How to determine a rabbit’s hunt
Breeding rabbits is different from breeding other farm animals. Characteristic are early puberty, high fertility, a combination of lactation and pregnancy. After reading this article, you will learn what to do if the female rabbit refuses the male, how it manifests itself and how long the process lasts, how many days it repeats, how to independently bring the rabbit to mating.
When the hunt comes
Full puberty in these animals occurs at the age of 4-5 months, but very often earlier, after 3.5 months. It is recommended to stimulate sexual hunting when the weight of individuals is at least 3.5 kg, the male has reached the age of 6 months, and female - 5.
Did you know? The optimal number of rabbits in the offspring is 8 individuals.
This process is repeated at different intervals, depending on the time of year. In summer and spring - every 6-7 days, in autumn and winter - up to 1 month.
How to find out that a rabbit is hunting
Often a mating hunt occurs immediately after sexual intercourse. How to understand that this period has come?
The main symptoms are:
- excessive anxiety;
- refusal of food;
- decreased activity;
- external genitalia red or swollen;
- the rabbit can run around the cage, cling to the walls and rub against them.
How many days does it last
Usually an active attraction lasts from one to two days.
If you observe symptoms of sexual cravings longer than this period - perhaps there is something wrong with the animal’s health, and you should contact your veterinarian who can determine the cause and, if necessary, prescribe treatment.
Why the rabbit does not come to the hunt
Sometimes the female does not show sexual desire in relation to the male. This can happen for a variety of reasons.
- Delay in readiness for mating may occur due to improperly selected diet, lack of vitamins and minerals.
- Insufficient daylight hours (less than 7 hours per day).
- Excessive offspring weaken the animal.
- Weather conditions - excessively high or low ambient temperature.
- Obesity pet.
- Elderly age. In this case, it is impossible to stimulate the female to mate.
- Violations in the work of the genital organs.
- Small cage.
Important! If you are obese or underweight, you must immediately adjust your diet.
How to make a rabbit hunt
When a female does not want to mate with a male, one can arouse desire on her own.
The following recommendations will tell you how to get the rabbit to do this:
- It is necessary to determine why the female refuses the male.
- It is possible to stimulate an individual with vitamins.
- With insufficient lighting, cells carry it out in the sun.
- Include celery in your diet.